Skip to navigation
Directors & Staff Contact List
YIVO in the Media
Yedies - YIVO Newsletter
What is Yiddish?
Further Reading on YIVO's history (1925-2005)
- Abramowicz, Dina. Guardians of a Tragic Heritage: Reminiscences and Observations of an Eyewitness. New York: National Foundation for Jewish Culture/Council of Archives and Research Libraries in Jewish Studies, 1999.
- Baker, Zachary. "The Yiddish Collections of the YIVO Library: Their History, Scope, and Significance," YIVO Annual, Vol. 22 (1995), pp. 253-274.
- Dawidowicz, Lucy. From That Place and Time. New York, London: W.W. Norton & Company, 1989.
- Fishman, David. Embers Plucked from the Fire: The Rescue of Jewish Cultural Treasures in Vilna. Second Expanded Edition. New York: YIVO, 2009.
- Gottesman, Itzik Nakhmen. Defining the Yiddish Nation: The Jewish Folklorists of Poland. Detroit: Wayne State University Press, 2003.
- Kessler-Harris, Alice. "1048 Fifth Avenue," Leuchtenberg, William E., ed. American Places: Encounters with History. New York, London: Oxford University Press, 2000.
- Kuznitz, Cecile Esther. The Origins of Yiddish Scholarship and the YIVO Institute for Jewish Research. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Stanford University, 2000.
- Mohrer, Fruma and Web, Marek. Guide to the YIVO Archives. Armonk, New York: M.E. Sharpe, 1997.
- Web, Marek. "Operating on Faith: YIVO's 80 Years." YIVO News #199, (2005), pp. 1, 16-17